Full Buying Guide: Reviews of 5 Top Rated Electric Pressure Washing Machines
Buying an electric pressure washer can be a stressful experience. First of all, there are many different types available. There is also a great deal of technical language involved. You might know what PSI is, but do you know about GPM? CU? Perhaps not.
In this buying guide, we will break down all these technical terms and explain what each means. Most importantly, we show you how to pick out an electric pressure washer that is right for you and your project.
How to Choose the Best Electric Pressure Washer on the Market?
Quick Comparison Table
Choosing The Best Electric Pressure Washer
How to Choose the Best Electric Pressure Washer on the Market?
1. Power level
Electric pressure washers are graded according to PSI (pounds per square inch), which is the total water pressure created by the machine. The PSI is necessary to break the chemical bond between the surface and the stain. The stronger the chemical bond, the more pressure you’ll need to remove it.
Based on PSI, pressure washers are divided into:
- Light-duty pressure washers. These are rated below 2000 PSI. They work best for cleaning patio furniture and siding as well as cars, trucks and boats.
- Medium-duty pressure washers. These generate between 2000 and 2800 PSI. They handle the same cleaning projects as light-duty models, but are best for siding, fences, decks and patios.
- Heavy-duty pressure washers. These put out between 2900 and 3300 PSI. These pressure washers work well for many cleaning jobs, including small areas like sidewalks, large areas like driveways, and jobs such as second-story cleaning.
- Extra heavy-duty or professional-duty pressure washers. These offer 3300 PSI and up. These models handle many of the jobs of other machines, but add more power for paint preparation.
The best electric pressure washers stop the pump once the trigger is released. This keeps your pump from overheating, which is a leading cause of pump failure.
Water flow is measured in gallons per minute and the larger the GPM then the more surface area a pressure washer can clean and the faster it can do it too.
Units of cleaning power is a simple way to compare electric pressure washers to determine which one is the most powerful. The CU for a machine is the product of the PSI and the GPM and the higher the number is then the more powerful the pressure washer.
For example, a machine with 4 GPM and 2500 PSI is more powerful than one with 2 GPM and 4000 PSI.
5. Maneuvering and portability
The trick here is to look for a pressure that can move easily around. Some pressure washers are lightweight, while others are heavier but have wheels to make them more mobile. For smaller domestic cleaning and light business use, you can get pressure cleaners that are easy enough to pick up and carry when required, along with small wheels for simple rolling and pivoting.
At the other end of the scale, you’ll likely need tough pneumatic wheels, roll cage and sturdy push handles for the professional portable pressure washer models required for heavy commercial jobs.
5 Top Rated Electric Pressure Washers
1. Sun Joe SPX3000
- Instructional manual is well laid out
- Only takes 10-15 minutes to assemble
- Light enough to carry in short distances and moving the unit is easy because of the two wheels
- Can be stored in the house and not going to take up much space
- Relatively quiet
- Easier to use a pressure washer than scrubbing a surface by hand
- Nozzles are easy to change because of the quick connect tip feature
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 does not come with any water reserve tank which means that users will have the pressure washer connected to a tap when they are cleaning with it
- Could tangle with the garden hose, electric line and gun hose attached to the unit
- Pressure hose is hard to unwind due to the stiffness of hose material
- Pressure washer unit with two wheels
- 35 feet power cord line
- Handle with 2 detergent tanks
- Trigger gun, Spray wand
- Trigger gun holder
- Spray wand protector
- Garden hose adaptor, 6 screws
- 5 quick-connect spray tip nozzles and Instruction manual
- The SPX3000 has a full two-year warranty
1. How long will it take to assemble the machine?
Approximately 15 minutes for most users.
2. Does it have a water reserve tank?
No, it has to be connected to a hose.
3. Do I need to use the detergent tanks?
No, you can use the dial on the unit to turn it off or on.
The Sun Joe SP3000 can tackle various cleaning tasks like homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, decks, boats, driveways, lawn equipment, patios and more. Equipped with a dual-detergent tank system, the Sun Joe carries and stores different detergents simultaneously in removable detergent tanks.
The extended wand and dual wheels increases the versatility of the Sun Joe SPX3000 to be able to clean hard-to-reach places. Tar, grease, heavy mildew stains, rust, oil stains, caked mud on your equipment, and grime will no longer be a challenge once you get your hands on this pressure washer.
This machine is very powerful given that it houses a 1800-Watt/14.5 amp motor. The pressure washer produces up to 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM for maximum power when cleaning.
To ensure that users are protected from any injury, the makers of this product included the TSS trigger that puts off the entire system once the trigger is pulled.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is highly flexible. It can be moved from one spot to another without encountering any difficulty or mobility problem. This is because it comes with strong and durable rear wheels.
You can change the pressure output depending on your needs with Sun Joe’s five quick connect spray nozzles. These Interchange nozzles can quickly change from a high pressure 0-degree pencil point spray to a low-pressure 40-degree fan spray. You can also apply detergent to your cleaning surfaces using the dedicated soap nozzle.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer reviews.
2. AR Blue Clean AR390SS
- The unit is lightweight and easy to move.
- It has a variety of included attachments to tackle almost all jobs around your home. One nice feature is the adjustable spray tip on the wide-angle wand.
- The unit has a lot of power for an electrical pressure washer — more than enough to clean driveways, decks, grills, mowers, etc.
- According to some users the water hose is somewhat stiff and may not roll out the right way. The directions for assembly are also a little difficult to follow.
- 30 foot high-pressure hose
- 35 foot power cord featuring auto-reset GFCI module
- 48oz integrated detergent tank
- 4 different Quick Connect (QC) pressure washer nozzle
- Connect garden hose adaptor
- I year Bumper-to-Bumper warranty
1. Can extensions be used? if so which ones and how many can be put together?
Never use an extension power cord since it defeats the effectiveness of the GFCI and increases the chance of electrocuting the operator.
2. Where on the unit does the high-pressure hose connect? I have seen several photos and each one shows the connection in a different place. Also, does the hose have to be completely removed from the reel to be used?
The hose will connect at the back of the pressure washer on the bottom (in between the wheels).
3. Is the pump housing plastic?
The housing is an ABS plastic, however, unlike other consumer electric pressure washers, this unit has brass fittings for the hoses.
The AR Blue Clean AR390SS is the most powerful, durable and reliable electric pressure washer on the market. It produces an incredible 2000 PSI, up to 30 times as much pressure as a regular garden hose while reducing water consumption by over 80%.
For common high-pressure washing, attach the 25 degree (Green) nozzle tip for a “fan” spray or the 0 degree (Red) nozzle tip for a concentrated “pencil-point” high-pressure spray. For tough jobs, attach the Rotary/Turbo nozzle to boost the effective pressure spray up to 50%. The low pressure spray Soap (Black) nozzle tip automatically activates the detergent tank for easy detergent application with the spray gun.
1. On-board storage
AR Blue Clean offers on-board storage for easy set-up and accessory storage. You do not need a separate toolbox to keep your essentials.
2. Detergent tank
This model is equipped with a detergent tank for mixing cleaning liquid. Use the soap nozzle when applying detergent. Located on the front of the machine is a knob that enables you to adjust the detergent concentration.
3. Built-in hose reel
Another thing you will appreciate about this consumer unit is the built-in hose reel that makes the unit easy to pack up and store. The hose winding mechanism includes a handle to make rolling up the 25′ hose onto the reel easy.
4. Quick outdoor cleaning
Safe to be used on stone, stucco and concrete surfaces. Great for patio furniture, garbage cans, pet cages, outdoor equipment, lawn mowers and much more.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer reviews.
3. Karcher K2000
- Folding handle for compact storage
- Includes 4 quick-connect nozzles: turbo for maximum power, 15-degree, 40-degree and detergent
- Large, removable bin for hassle-free storage of accessories and personal items
- Easy 5-minute setup since no tools are required
- Dual removable detergent tanks with selector switch
- Compatible with industry-standard pressure washer accessories
- Much heavier than expected
- Since it’s very wide, it will be hard to find a safe place to store it in the garage
- No instructional manual included
- A handy storage bin
- Two removable half-gallon detergent tanks
- 3-year limited warranty
1. Does this hose use standard pressure washer connections or something proprietary?
Hose connections are industry standard M22.
2. Is the wand “steel & threaded”?
Yes it is.
3. Is this powerful enough to clean a concrete patio that is heavily stained?
If you really have serious deep stains, I would get a heavy duty power washer. Otherwise, this is awesome and does a great job.
Designed for high end performance with 2000 PSI and a 1.3 GPM water flow rate, the Karcher K2000 is perfect for you if you want the ultimate level of home cleaning. Integrated metal extrusions, oversized wheels and a robust design will allow you to take the machine where you need to go.
It sports a 4-wheel design to make it follow you around when pressure washing. It is a zero maintenance tool to help make your outdoor cleaning chores fun and easy. Next time you need to clean the gutters or house siding or garage floor just wheel this out, plug it in and pull the trigger to clean the surface better and deeper than with a scrub brush and soap.
1. 2000 PSI Induction motor pressure washer
Fast, efficient cleaning all around the house; easy 5-minute setup with no tools required.
2. Pressurized hose reel
Helps prevent tangling during use and keeps hose tidy during storage. The 25 feet of high pressure hose lets you work in a wide area.
3. Karcher axial cam pump
This produces 1.3 gallons per minute, which is faster, more powerful cleaning than any garden hose. The convenient On/Off foot switch saves bending over. With this switch, the pump is easy to activate before starting to wash or walking away.
4. Dual removable detergent tanks with selector switch
Allows you to work on multiple projects without refilling. The tanks can be removed for easy cleaning & filling.
5. Spray gun with Quick-Connect wand
It includes 15 & 40 spray nozzles & 65 low pressure soap nozzle clean a wide variety of surfaces. Quick connect at the end of the wand is compatible with industry-standard pressure washer accessories.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Karcher K2000 Electric Pressure Washer reviews.
4. Ford FPWEF2.1-1800
- Very well made
- Easy to use
- The extra brushes a real bonus
- The adjustable wand works great just the right amount of pressure for washing things
- The orbital setting is perfect for fences
- Hose rolls up neat for storage
- The assembly process is very easy and straightforward
- It starts easily and not hard to maintain
- The brand has very good customer service
- It comes with an onboard removable soap tank
- The gas tank is not that big which will cause you to refuel it more often
- 25-foot high-pressure hose
- 4 position selectable nozzle
- 35-foot power cord
- The Ford FPWEF2.1-1800 comes with a 1 year Limited warranty
1. Trying to decide if I need a wand extension for a driveway surface cleaner or is this handle/wand sufficient?
This wand would be fine.
2. With the soap tanks, how do stop the flow of soap when you want to rinse?
To switch from soap to rinse, you will just need to switch the nozzles. The black nozzle is for soap and the rest of the colored nozzles are for water sprayed at different degrees!
3. Can you adjust the pressure?
There’s no variable control nor do you need one. Adjust applied pressure by changing tips (smaller = more pressure, bigger/wider = less) and/or moving the nozzle closer/further from your target.
The Ford FPWEF2.1-1800 is a reference standard in electric power washers available today. With 1.5 GPM, this pressure washer generates an incredible 2880 cleaning units, making it comparable to some expensive gasoline units on the market today. Ideal for decks, siding and automobiles.
It incorporates GFCI overload protection, 25′ hose storage reel and 35′ cord storage. Finally, the patented four-position select wand that includes concentrated and dispersed spray patterns makes this unit a real winner.
1. 2800 cleaning units
Most of the electric pressure washers meant for domestic applications have below 2800 CU. With this product, you can expect that it will deliver excellent performance.
You can expect the best in outdoor cleaning performance. Decks, siding or automobiles, among others, this will be a dependable choice.
2. Oscillating brushes
Having great cleaning power is wonderful. Adding additional contact through scrub brushed enhances cleaning more. Now make those brushes oscillating and you have the best of all worlds – great pressure, high water volume and direct surface contact from multiple directions so that even the toughest job gets that much easier.
The PWE1800K adds not one but two oscillating brushes to your cleaning arsenal. The handheld oscillating brush can be used to clean walls and cars while the oscillating floor brush will make walkways and decks a snap.
3. Easy to store when not being used
It has an area for you to roll up the hose onto the machine. The power cord has its area. The hose too. When you put it up for the day or for the season, you can put it into a corner and it will never be in the way, even if you only have a small shed to store it in.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Ford FPWEF2.1-1800 Electric Pressure Washer reviews.
5. Powerplay PressureJet PJR2000
- The Powerplay PJR2000 PressureJet provides you with 1.4 GPM Flow Rate
- It has an electric start that helps in easy turnover for the huge engine
- The low oil shutdown protects the motor as well as the pump
- The Annovi Reverberi pump is highly durable and lasts for long
- It has been well engineered to maintain its longevity and reliability
- It’s not suitable to use in business and residential areas because of its noise
- Universal 120 Volt Universal Engine
- Copper Stator
- Adjustable Windings
- Spray gun
- Annovi Reverberi Pump
- This product is under warranty to the original retail consumer against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 (one) year and is a complete “bumper to bumper” warranty
1. Do the fittings leak like other washers, or are they brass?
They are not leaking, a combination of brass and plastic.
2. How long is the prime processing time?
You should be able to get the pressure washer two days after ordering.
3. Can this unit draw directly from a portable water tank?
It is designed to be hooked up to and receive water under pressure from a water hose not to draw water into the pressure washer.
Whether gentle treatment or powerful cleaning, the Powerplay PressureJet PJR2000 offers the perfect solution for every cleaning task. Where previously dirt dominated, now there is nothing but cleanliness. With the Powerplay PressureJet PJR2000 old becomes new, shabby becomes chic.
Passionate engineering, the highest quality requirements and decades of experience in the development of this innovative high-pressure cleaner make this possible. Powerplay PressureJet is built using the best in class components to withstand rugged use no matter the dirty job thrown its way.
It puts muscle behind its name with the Universal 120 Volts Motor and Annovi Reverberi High-Pressure Axial pump that delivers a flow rate of 1.4 GPM. It’s engineered for reliability and longevity thanks to the Total Stop System. It also has wide track wheels to offer great maneuverability.
It will handle any cleaning task from windows and siding to power washing your vehicles.
1. Total stop system (TSS)
This electric washer offers this feature to keep the axial pump from overheating. It works by sensing water flow in the pump. The trigger gun controls power to the washer. Water stops flowing when the spray gun trigger is released.
The trigger gun also incorporates a safety lock mechanism to prevent it from being engaged accidentally when not being used.
The Powerplay Pressure Jet PJR2000 offers 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM for maximum performance. You can use it for light cleaning tasks or heavier with excellent water usage.
It is a modern cleaning system that has 2800 units maximum cleaning, so it’s very suitable for cleaning vehicles, floors, fences, walls, windows, even siding.
3. Heavy duty 120V universal motor
This plugs into any household 15 amp circuit. A 35-foot power cord protects the unit & operator.
4. Perfect for outdoor cleaning
The pressure washer is the perfect tool for blasting through your outdoor cleaning chores and saving you the time and hard labor of scrubbing. It’s miles more effective than garden hoses on automobiles, boats, lawn furniture, play equipment, decks, masonry and siding.
5. Annovi Reverberi (AR) aluminum axial pump
This is a step up from the wobble pumps found on many electric units. It Produces 1.4 GPM for effective cleaning.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Powerplay PressureJet PJR2000 Electric Pressure Washer reviews.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is about the most affordable pressure washer you can buy. It’s also one of the lightest weight models. For cleaning out tar, grease, mildew, oil stains, rust, caked mud on your equipment, etc., it does the job with a minimum of muss and fuss.
We like it because it’s fairly maneuverable, plus it is compact for easy storage. It’s easily our best bet for an affordable, safe and powerful do-it-all electric pressure washer.