If you are looking for school cleaning jobs, then it means you are ready to handle the responsibility of maintaining the institution clean and in an orderly manner. In many institutions, a cleaner works under the supervision of either a caretaker or a cleaning supervisor. Whichever the case, to secure employment in this line of work, one must have attained the following qualifications and personal attributes.
Qualifications and experience
- Possess proper communication skills and have the ability to follow instructions to the letter.
- Have prior experience in undertaking a wide range of cleaning duties depending on what your supervisor will assign you. This will be helpful to get cleaning jobs in schools.
- Have the ability to show full commitment to similar opportunities within the institution.
- Show a sense of responsibility when it comes to dealing with unexpected arising issues.
- Be highly methodical and organized when performing your duties.
- Have the ability to work with other school members effectively i.e. being a team player.
- Have the ability to prioritize, work under no supervision, with a team or alone and deliver the expected results every time.
- Demonstrate awareness of and a display of commitment to the relevant authority in your working place with respect to maintaining the safety of children and young people.
- Have the ability to perform general cleaning duties as demonstrated in the job description.
- Have knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their different places of use and the ability to maintain your cleaning quipment in order.
Personal skills and attributes
- In addition to the above requirements, you will be required to have personal traits to ensure you have the ability to deliver the job to the standards.
- Have the willingness to carry out duties from any corner of the institution as directed by your supervisor.
- Be reliable and punctual in arriving at your place of work and possess time management skills such that you can effectively complete tasks timely without conflicting with the regular school program.
- Have the willingness to maintain the confidentiality of school matters at all time.
- Be willing to accept any training that may be offered by the institution to further your knowledge.
- Be willing to take personal responsibility on the standard of work done and take pride in a perfect job done.
- The willingness to work with others despite your differences is critical. You should respect and value different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas for the betterment of your work place.
- Willingness to change depending on the changing demands of your post.