A commercial cleaner is responsible for housekeeping, and janitorial duties and they work under the supervision of lead janitors. It is important to note that cleaners work in offices, where management expects them to deliver quality services at all times.
To get a position as a commercial cleaner, you need the right kind of knowledge for the job. You also need a passion for it. These requirements will help you overcome the pressures that come with such a position. Moreover, a cleaner should also possess the following traits.
Traits of a good commercial cleaner
- Impeccable communication skills are necessary. That is, you have to understand both oral and written instructions. These skills will help you deliver as per the expectations of your employer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are important to help you relate well with your co-workers and other people you might interact with within the workplace.
- Working independently is critical. Working in a team is also crucial. Remember, both aspects of work are important when it comes to producing the expected results.
- Outstanding skills at customer service are essential since especially when you are working in an environment where you mingle with people of all classes some of who are employees and others customers.
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks is important if the need for doing so arises. The cleaner should complete tasks within the stipulated period.
- Flexibility is necessary to help you adapt to the changing job needs.
Qualifications for commercial cleaning jobs
While the above personal traits are crucial, it is also necessary for you to possess the following experience and qualifications to make it easy for you to secure a commercial cleaning employment opportunity.
- Have prior experience in handling different forms of cleaning including vacuuming, scrubbing, mopping, sweeping, dusting, and applying finishes on various types of flooring and stairs.
- Have knowledge on all cleaning detergents and their respective area of application as well as the right mixing portions.
- Have skills in cleaning and dusting uncluttered office desks and furniture and the ability to clean fixtures safely.
- Have the capacity to restock cleaning materials in different areas such as common areas, bathrooms, and break rooms.
- Possess impeccable skills of cleaning and sanitizing locker rooms, showers, and washrooms.
- Have the ability to maintain the cleaning equipment room clean and in an organized manner.
- Finishing duties at the right time without missing any details is a highly valued trait in a cleaner.
- Have an eye for detail to ensure that the place is always spotlessly clean.